Donate An Artifact
Have you ever wanted to Donate an artifact, consider the Canadian Transportation Museum and Heritage Village.
Our donation process begins by filling out this attached form first then the Curator will follow up after the form get filled and notify you of the next steps if the museum chooses to accept your request.
Please do not bring in any object to the museum before consulting with the Curator and before the form gets filled.
Please note we do have a current list of artifacts that we are no longer taken in. Which is attached below.
- Anything that is newer than 1907 for the village
- Sewing machines
- Spinning wheels
- Cash registers
- Corn huskers
- Agricultural sickles
- Pot-bellied stoves
- Conventional stoves
- Washing machines
- Large appliances
- School books
- Ink pen
- Car manuals (they may be accepted for use in the garage for the flea market sale only they can not be displayed)
- Meat grinders
- Barbershop/beauty salon items newer than 1930
- Beds – including rope beds
- Baby buggies/strollers
- Large furniture
- Items not representative of the times periods (one-of-a-kind)
- Large furniture—tables, cabinets
- Chairs—including those for the barber shop
- Music rolls
- Model cars
- No wagons
- Oil can
If you are unsure, fill out the form and the curator will get back to you.